Updated: Mar 10, 2021
This is a great Mexican dessert. It is between pudding and crème brûlée. It is very common everywhere in Mexico and it can be made with milk or cheese. This recipe is made with milk. Also, this can be cooked in the over or in water bath but I prefer the second option because it gives a better consistency to the flan.
LIST OF INGREDIENTS:
1 Can of condensed milk
1/2 Can of milk
1 Can of sweet condensed milk
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of water
1. Pour in a blender the 6 eggs, the can of condensed milk, the half can of milk and the can of sweet condensed milk and blend until you get an homogen mixture.
2. In a put, poor the sugar and the water and stir up until it turns into a golden caramel.
3. Poor the caramel and then mixture in the pot where you will cook the flan and close it.
4. Cook on water bath for about 45 minutes and then take it off the bath and let stand.
5. When it cools down, put it on the fridge for about 3 hours. Then take it out and pour it on a plate. Enjoy!
EXTRA: you can add some dulce de leche, strawberries or other fruits to complement.