Agua de Horchata
Aguas Frescas (Infusions) are really famous in Mexico. With a wide variety of fruits, plants, seeds, flowers, etc. Infusions are a great alternative to sodas. This one is my all time favourite and is great for the summer!
LIST OF INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 Cups of rice
3 Cinnamon sticks
1 Cup of sugar
2 Spoons of chocolate powder
1 Can of evaporated milk
1 Can of sweet condensed milk
3 1/2 Liters of water
1/2 spoon of vanilla essence
200 g of strawberries
1 Bag of ice (2 Kg)
1. Let the 1 1/2 Cups of rice together with the cinnamon sticks hydrate in half a liter water for about 20 min.
2. In a big pot, add 3 Liter of water and then the cup of sugar. Stir until the water absorbed the sugar.
3. In a blender, add the rice & cinnamon together with the water they were standing. Add one can of sweet condensed milk and one can of evaporated milk. Blend all together for about 5 minutes until all get well mixed.
4. With the help of a strainer, add the mix to the water in the pot.
5. Add the vanilla essence to the pot.
6. Add the two spoons of chocolate powder to the pot.
7. Wash some strawberries and add them to the pot. If you like, you can cut them in small pieces. You can also add the ice at this point. Now mix all together and voila! (If you like it more sweet, you can add up to 2 cups of sugar).
8. Enjoy your Horchata water!