This one is a great vegetarian dish. We can never know if the chillies will be hot or not, a bit of a lottery but delicious!
LIST OF INGREDIENTS: (2 portions)
- 4 Poblano Chillies
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1/2 Onion
- 200g Oaxaca Cheese (Gouda as alternative)
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Flour
- 3 Serrano Chillies (to taste)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1. Put the poblano chillies in a hot pan and turn them around until they get a bit burned. This is what we call "tatemar" in Mexico (a nahuatl word which means put on fire).
2. Once they are roasted enough (but not burned) take them out and put them on a plastic bag for about 15 Min. This will make them "sweat" and get soft.
2. Now let's prepare our salsa. Cut the tomatoes in fourth pieces, the onion in two and put them in the hot pan together with the serrano (to taste) chillies to grill.
3. When they are grilled, put them all in a blender, add salt and pepper to taste and mix it for about 20-30 Seconds. Then poor it on a pan with a bit of hot oil and let it cook.
5. Take your poblano chillies out of the plastic bag and clean them from the burned parts. Then make them a cut and take out all of the seeds from inside.
6. Fill the inside of the chillies with Oaxaca cheese.
7. Now split two eggs into yolk and white and stir them until the white grows. When they are done, mix both together.
8. Take one poblano chilly, pass it on flour, then on the eggs and then fried them for about 2 minutes in a pan with hot oil. Turn them around so they get evenly fried.
9. Finally, serve on a plate with your salsa! Enjoy!