Ceviche is a light fish "salad like" in the Mexican kitchen. There are many recipes of it and even in Latinamerica you may find it. Specially in Peru, where they make it differently but also delicious. This is the classic recipe in Mexico but you can add more ingredients to it or use the fish that suits your taste. This is the recipe for 8 tostadas. INGREDIENTS LIST:
- 400g fish filet (I used cod) - 8 Lemons - 1 red onion - 1 cucumber - 1 bunch of coriander
- 3 Tomatoes - Serrano peppers (to taste) - Salt and pepper - Tostadas INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Take the fish filets in a deep recipient and cut them in small squares.
2. Add the lemon juice of the 8 Lemons and let marinate for about 4 hours in the fridge.
3. Cut the tomatoes in squares and put them in a bowl.
4. Cut the onion in small squares and add it to the mix.
5. Cut the coriander in small pieces and add it to the mix.
6. Add some chili to taste to the mix.
7. Cut the cucumbers in small squares and add it to the mix.
8. Take your fish out of the fridge and add the mix. Stir all together and add salt & pepper to taste. Now let it on the fridge again for about 30 minutes.
9. Now your ceviche is ready! Serve in tostadas with Avocado and enjoy!