Tacos al Pastor
The one and only! This taco is the winner. You will probably find this kind of tacos all over Mexico and they will never let you down. Great taste, great taco! Enjoy the recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 20 Tacos):
- 1 Kg of pork leg in thin slices
- Corn tortillas
- 2 white onions
- 2 Bunches of coriander
- 1 Pineapple
- 4 Lemons
- 4 Guajillo Chillies
- 1/2 Achiote Bar
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic in powder
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 white vinegar
1. Take your 4 Guajillo chillies, open them and take the seed away.
2. Put the chillies on warm water to hydrate for about 5 minutes.
3. In a bowl put half bar of achiote, half cup of orange juice, 1/4 cup of white vinager, half spoon of oregano, half spoon of pepper, half spoon of garlic in powder, a pinch of salt, 4 chile guajillos and mix it all together until you get a thick salsa.
4. Put the meat slices in a bowl.
5. Add the salsa to the meat and spread it all around the meat so it gets uniform. Then let marinate on the fridge for about 4 hours.
6. Cut the onions, coriander and half pineapple in small pieces.
7. Place the other half of the pineapple on a table and insert a wood stick in the middle.Then start putting the meat slices in a cross form and after two steaks, put two slices of bacon. Keep doing this with the rest of the meat and bacon until you get your tower.
8.. Add a bit of aluminium paper to the tip of the stick so it wont get burned in the oven.
10. Put your "Trompo" (meat tower) in the oven at 220° for about 40 minutes.
11. Take your "Trompo" out and slice the meat with a sharp knife.
12. Warm your tortillas and serve meat, onion, coriander, pineapple, lemon juice and a salsa (to taste). And enjoy your taco!
EXTRA TIP: If you have white flour tortillas, you can make quesadillas and then add the pastor and toppings to create a gringa, here an example: