Tacos de Chilorio
This is a delicious recipe from the north of Mexico, very common in Sinaloa. It is a simple recipe but it takes around 2 - 2:30 hours to be done but believe me, it is worth the waiting! With this Kind of tacos you will lick your fingers. Here the recipe:
LIST OF INGREDIENTS:
1 Kg of Pork leg
4 Spoons of lard
4 Pasilla Chillies
3 Guajillo Chillies
1 Ancho Chillie
1/4 cup of Vinager
1 Bunch of coriander
2 Garlic cloves
1 Spoon of Oregano
1/4 Spoon of cumin
2 Cups of water
Salt and pepper to taste
Corn tortillas (Recipie here)
Salsa Verde (Recipe here)
1. Cut the meat in big pieces and put them in a pot with 2 cups of Water. Add 1/2 onion, cover it and put it on medium-high temperature. Let cook it for about 1 hour until the water is all gone. Be careful and move the meat once in a while so it cooks evenly.
2. Cut all the chillies by the middel and take the seeds away.
2. Now put all of the chillies (ancho, guajillo, pasilla) in 1 cup of warm water and let hydrate for 10 minutes.
3. Put the 1/4 cup of Vinager, 1/2 Onion, 2 Garlic cloves, 1 Spoon of Oregano, 1/4 Spoon of cumin, 1 Clove, all the chillies and 2/3 of the water where the chillies hydrated in the Blender and mix for about 30 seconds until you get a consistent salsa.
4. When the water is all boiled and the meat is cooked, add the 4 spoons of lard to the meat and let cook again for about half an hour in medium-high temperature. This will give the meat a golden color and with the help of a spoon, you can start pushing the meat. By this point the meat should be soft enough to start shredding with the spoon.
5. Now add the salsa to the meat and keep moving the meat for about 5 minutes.
6. Now let the meat cook for another 20 minutes on medium-high temperature until the meat absorbed the salsa.
7. Now cut the coriander and the second onion in small pieces.
8. Serve your chilorio in a warm tortilla.
9. Now you can add, onion, coriander and a salsa verde to taste. Enjoy!